Whenever I’m feeling down or a little under the weather, I try to get a hold of my head by reminding myself of the things I can be grateful for – there are so many of them. Sometimes it’s really difficult to get out of a certain mind space – all the positive thoughts and words of encouragement often seem to have no effect on your thoughts at all. But I do believe that you set you own pace in life – you choose what you want to feel like when you wake up in the morning. You have a choice to either mope and be sad, or accept your situation as it is and try to work with it – time does not wait for anyone. You still get one more day to make a change or to add value to your life. Do you want to waste it thinking about things that could or should have been, or do you want to spend it paving the way for the many more to come? You choose.
So, with that said, I have a few things I want to mention that I am really, really thankful for right now:
– I make my own choices. I choose where I go in life. I choose where I want to be and who I want in my life. My life, my choices.
– Writing and drawing helps me get rid of bottled emotions – I am thankful that I have been given the talent to read, write, draw and appreciate.
– I can hear. Music is a really big part of my life.
– Even though I have many restrictions/problems/issues, I am already so much more blessed and fortunate than so many in, not only South Africa, but the world. My problems
seem are petty compared with most of the world’s.
– I have love, lots of it.
– I have freedom.
– Great memories.
and on a lighter note, I am also thankful for:
– 8 hours of glorious sleep, most of the time (I’ve been having trouble sleeping the last couple of nights – I roll around in a slumber and wake utterly exhausted from fighting with myself)
– PVR – you know why
– Pets – Do I have to even go there?
– The Gym! To get rid of my many frustrations with life right now